Sunday, August 13, 2006

A "real" birthday

It's odd to think that 20 years ago this coming Thursday (August 17) I became a Christian.

Yeah, I know there are all sorts of philosophical questions like "how do you know that's when it happened?" etc.

But August 17, 1986 at Camp Fairhaven in Maine, I committed my life to Jesus in a way that took (unlike the other four times I'd prayed "the prayer." *grin*) I can see God's hand moving in my life from way before 1986, but August 17 is very special to me.

And that was two decades ago.

I feel like that should make me feel old. But I just feel privileged. What an honor to be on this journey so long!

[Update: I just preach about some of this today. I took the time to list times that I can say the Kingdom broke through in my life. You can hear the MP3 of the sermon here. Or get it at the VCW Sermons page.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home