Monday, March 06, 2006

Enough Sleep?

For a couple years, I read Early To Rise's emails everyday. Something happened and I stopped receiving them. But, on a whim, I just checked out the site and saw this message on getting enough sleep. (It starts about halfway down the page.)

One quote from the article is:
Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep to perform optimally. If you sleep less than that, scientists tell us, you are more likely to succumb to illness and die young.

There's also a helpful list of tips from the National Sleep Foundation.

One of my major goals this year is to get 6-8 hours of sleep each night. I've gone from getting 4-5 to usually getting 6 hours.

It's been interesting to decide to have to give up things to get that sleep. A good prioritization exercise (and reminder that I'm still not that important--things will go on without me).

Feel free to use the comments to answer this question: how many hours of sleep do you typically get each night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home