Friday, June 30, 2006

Even the shoes

It seems like we've had lots of things break over the last few months. Fridge, range, oven, ceiling fan. (Ok, the fan was me but I was pulling out a cabinet for our new oven...)

Yesterday I found I needed a new tie-rod in order for my car to pass inspection. Emily's computer is blinking--literally. And today I found a rip in another pair of pants and my best dress shoes were scraped on concrete step as I was going to lift up one of my kids.

Blah.

I guess I'm done this digital dump. If you're of the type that prays, please pray for us. None of this stuff is cheap. I know people are going through stuff like this all the time. But I also know we're soldiers in a war.

Ok, because I'm an inveterate optimist, great things are happening too.
  • We've had almost 100 first-time visitors come to VCW. VERY COOL!
  • The Inland Foundation has just completed a $1 million campaign.
  • My book on fundraising is much closer to being ready to send to reviewers.
  • My kids are beautiful and stinking smart. I'm loving their growing.
  • And Emily and I celebrated 11 years of marital bliss last month.

There. See? The glass is full. *grin*

But please feel free to pray!

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Rich said...

tie rod, yuck
stop driving that thing so hard!

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home