Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Perfect Church?

I just was referred to this blog posting from Stanley Road Baptist Church while listening to a podcast from The Blogging Church.

This quote stuck out:
I wonder if the topic of the sermon would mean more to us personally if we sat round small tables with a cup of coffee and then discussed it afterwards.
I know Todd Hunter was experiencing with this in Southern California a few years ago.

Wow...imagine a church moving out of it's building and into a cafe? Hhmm...

(If any of you reading this go to VCW, fear not. We're blessed with the building we have! *grin*)

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

Marc -

I love the idea of the church cafe. I am particularly excited about the opportunity to exchange ideas with each other around the topic of a sermon.
I often have the feeling in church, while listening to the priest, of wanting to raise my hand and ask a question...to probe more and hear his and others answers and questions.
I have a friend who has been describing a very similar environment at his Temple. It is very much like a lecture with open discussion at the end. I'd like to see more of this.

Rob

 
At 8:02 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger Marc A. Pitman, CFCC said...

Thanks Rob!

I'd love to know how it works at the Temple. Particularly to how folks respond to people asking the Rabbi questions.

It seems natural to me but I wonder if it might be unsettling for some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home